Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's Sunday and I had my "usual fix" today: Seremban infamous beef noodle and "rojak", yummy! I am easy to please as far as food is concerned. Why can't everyday be like Sunday?

I plan my out-of-town travel around food sometimes. When I need to head north to Penang from KL, a stop in Ipoh for "curry laksa" noodles breakfast is a must no matter how urgent the trip is. The "curry laksa" comes with lots and lots of delicious ingredients like prawns, chicken, roast pork, "char siew" but the curry beats everything. If it is a trip down south, then it's a stop in Seremban for beef noodle (breakfast) and the trip back to KL is a must-stop in Melaka for chicken rice.

It's not the overhyped chicken rice ball but rather another shop (no advertising) that sells chicken "spare parts" that has been deep fried. The intestine, liver and gizzard are extra delicious and I always have a few helpings of "spare parts". I also like the way they serve the chicken "de-boned".

Of course I can go on and on but suffice it to say that one of the major reason I am sticking on in this country is because of the food. We have brainless people running the country and they are running it down fast and furious. It is evident in the education system where we churn out graduates who are of no economic value, non-intellectual and socially inept young people. What a waste of resources! There is little good news greeting the citizens of this country and yet our politicians are treating us like naive and uninformed people through their utter denial of what is clearly a failing state of affairs.

Security is getting worse and there is little respite in the legal system which is now under scrutiny because of the lack of credibility. Sometimes it seems either the government does not seem to see what we are seeing or they are utterly powerless to act. Either way it is cause for great concern. We are seeing plane loads of foreign workers coming in everyday; who knows how many more ship loads and car loads through our porous borders; and whilst we do not entirely blame all foreigners for the crime rate, it is distressing to say the least that the authorities have not given the populace any reasons to feel they are in control of the situation.

"Celebrating" the country's 50th anniversary for independence have caused many to look back and compared where we have come and where we will be going. It does not look good. The key pillars of government have given way to devious political agendas and in the hand of incompetent and blatant greedy politicians, its a road downhill with no brakes strong enough to stop it. I dread the future of those who do not and cannot have any other choice other than this country.

I just need to let this out and "cry" for my beloved country, no matter what some will call me. This is where I was born and I have no other place to call home. But my kids and their kids will have a choice. They go where they are appreciated, where it makes sense to do the right thing and where they feel safe. I work for them to have that choice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home